Where and when does the troop meet?
Boy and Girl Troop 941 currently meets at Kendall Indian Hammocks Park on Saturday mornings at 9 a.m.
When is a “Class-A” uniform needed?
It’s always required when we’re traveling for a campout, or on a hike. Required for events such as camporees. It’s required for the first troop meeting of each month. And required for courts of honor.
Other times a “Class B” uniform is accepted, which consists of scout pants, scout socks, and our standard red Troop 941 t-shirt.
Who can join Scouts BSA?
- We welcome all youth and adult leaders regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation. Most kids join at age 11. Youth enrolled in Cub Scouts and Webelos can “cross over” at age 10-1/2. Boys would join “Boy Troop 941” and girls would join “Girl Troop 941” which are “linked” together.
Who should attend a troop meeting?
- Troop meetings are attended by registered scouts and the scoutmaster and assistant scoutmasters, at minimum.
- Parents are welcome to drop-off registered scouts, and pick up promptly. Scout meetings are not a family event as you may have experienced in Cub Scouting.
- If you want to bring a guest or a sibling, please alert your scoutmaster and SPL a few days ahead of time and remember some meetings will be better than others for this kind of idea.
Who should attend a PLC meeting?
- The Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) selects, plans, and leads Troop activities, and is the key to having a Scout-Led Troop. Exclusively, it consists of the Patrol Leaders, Assistant Patrol Leaders, Senior Patrol Leader, and Scoutmaster. The Scoutmaster attends but only as a resource. The purpose of the PLC is to plan all the troop’s programs including campouts, meetings, fundraisers and summer camp events.