This recipe won’t earn much cred towards any badge, but kids will love this easy Tex-Mex recipe “Tacos in a Bag” from Boys Life contributor James Landis, and not just because it starts with chips.
Equipment: Small cook pot and stove
Challenge Level: Easy
- 1x 15-ounce can chili or seasoned taco meat
- 6x single-serving packages tortilla chips (Doritos work great)
- 1x 8-ounce package shredded cheese (your favorite)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1x 8-ounce container sour cream
- Briefly warm chili in a small pot. Don’t allow chili or meat to become hot to the touch!
- With the packages still sealed, crush tortilla chips into small pieces.
- Open bags, then carefully scoop about 1/4 cup of warm chili or meat into each.
- Add cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream to each bag to taste.
- Eat directly from the bag using a fork.
Recipe from James Landis